[Xen-devel] enabling pci on other domains

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:45:28 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:47:41 +0000

Are there any issues with making a specific piece of hardware (isdn card) available in a domain other than 0? I am tinkering with the kernel driver of an ISDN card and such things are fraught with crashes. A crash in a xen domain would be much easier to recover from (that, and the machine I’m debugging on won’t reboot no matter what kernel options I pass). I realise that a rogue DMA write or something that crashes the pci bus would still bring the system down but it will still be an improvement over what I have now.

What is the procedure for doing this?

Thanks

James