Re: [Xen-devel] performance problems

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:02:02PM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:

> I think you're going to have to do a few IO microbenchmarks such as ttcp
> and dd to figure out what's going slow on your system -- something is
> badly wrong. Are you sure the same hardware drivers are being used in
> both cases?

yup. the only difference was that I didn't touch dumU's kernel config; in
dom0 I already disabled the debugging flags (except magic sysreq), but in
default domU's config they were still enabled.

Overall impression from my newer benchmark experiments:

- Harddisk IO is about 30% faster in XenU than in vmware ws (both accessing
  the same raw partition)
- Network IO is at the same level in xenU and vmware, which is about 30%
  slower than dom0/native net io (netpipe, 2 machines using 1000Mbit ethernet
  connected via a switch, xenU and vmware bridged).

--
c u
henning