Re: [Xen-devel] debian python-install.patch (3 of 5)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 18:49:54 +0000, Mark Williamson <maw48@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > debian/changelog changes with each upload(version, changelog entry, and
> > timestamp).
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to keep the debian stuff to myself.
> > It's just difficult to integrate with upstream(any upstream, not just xen).
>
> OK, makes sense.  If it's going to cause trouble, perhaps you could maintain
> the Debian build system for the "real" packages separately but supply
> snapshots to check in every so often?  I agree it's not really ideal.

I really don't see the point of including the debian build support in
the bk repository.  It's just as easy for anybody who wants to build
updated packages to apt-get source the debian build infrastructure and
then make that use an updated source tarball.  Maybe the debian build
support could have an option to point it at a local bk tree instead of
using a source tarball.

     christian