Re: [Xen-devel] Why are I/O rings bidirectional?

> I think the intended question was "why have both requests and responses
> in the same ring rather than have two rings, one for requests and one
> for responses?"

Ah, right.  Sorry.

Well I don't think there is any huge advantage to putting requests and

The advantages I can see are:
* It's a neat sort of way of doing things
* Provides backpressure against the requester (in that it has to keep removing

You could get the same performance using a two ring setup like you describe,
so to a certain extent it's just personal taste.

Cheers,
Mark