Re: [Xen-devel] fdisk hard drive image

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 12:48:28PM +0100, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
Hello list,

Currently, i use a partition image to run my XenU (/dev/hda2) and "fdisk -l" return nothing and can't open /dev/hda .

I want to use a full hard drive image (not partition image) from my Xen0 as hda in my XenU. I want to be able to run fdisk on hda in my XenU to list and regenerate partitions.

I tried with this (/img is my hard drive image):

disk = ['/img,hda,w']

disk = ['phy:loop3,hda,w'], loop3 is /img attached to /dev/loop3 by losetup.

But, both don't work.

Is it possible ?

THe block device isn't exported as an hard disk. Just as a block device
(like ram*, loop*).

If you want to use several filesystems over a single block device,
you'll have to use lvm.

Thanks for the answer,

In this case, if i use lvm, i still have to create my partitions from Dom0. Is there a way to create partitions from XenU with fdisk.

   Gonéri