Re: [Xen-devel] Re: mini-os for Xen2

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rick <judicator3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:32:29 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:35:11 +0000

> > You need to be using a debug=y build of Xen to use console_io from an
> > unprivileged domain.
> >
> > Ian

Hello,

I was having some problems to boot XEN when it was compiled with
'debug=y'. But I was able to slove that. I just had to remove some of
the extra messages that get printed during the boot process when
'debug=y' is turned on and that seemed to solve the problem.

However, I still cannot get my mini-os to print something to the console.
I modified the function "do_console_io()" in the file
xen/drivers/char/console.c  to catch whenever the mini-os tries to
write to the console.  "do_console_io()" is being invoked correctly
and the check that (current->id == 0 ) is NOT being performed since I
compiled with "debug=y".

So everything should be fine and the unprivileged mini-os should be
able to write to the console. But in the function call
"serial_puts(sercon_handle, kbuf)", sercon_handle is -1. So the
serial_puts() function is not being executed correctly.

Are there some initial setup I need to do in my mini-os in order to
use the console_io hypercalls.

Thanks
Rick