Re: [Xen-devel] console driver - How domain0 processes console messages ?

>> Next, I am going to look at tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xu/xu.c to see

if domain0 is  receiving the actual data being sent from mini-os
console driver.

Sounds like a plan.  I'd thing that you should be able to pull most of
the control ring interaction code straight out of the console driver.
With xcs you can run a utility called xcsdump which will show you most of the control traffic going on in your system.

The easiest thing to do though would probably be to launch vm-create (part of vm-tools) with the -i option (interactive) and just step through it with gdb.

The message flow isn't terribly obvious just by looking at the code however it should be quite understandable in gdb.

Let me know when you get to implementing support for virtual devices (if you do). I've got all sorts of xcs/xu debugging stuff that I'm going to eventually clean-up and submit. They're pretty granular for most of the important messages (dumping out every field in all the messages).

Good luck :-)

Regards,

good luck!
a.