Re: [Xen-devel] Some general questions

On Tue, Feb 22 '05 at 12:29, Jorma Jakowitsch wrote:
> -- Is there a way to use the whole RAM,
You can use the whole RAM, but Xen needs a little for it's own.

> -- Possibly there are much better solutions than using disk
> partitions.  What I need is a possibility to backup the domains, i.e.
> via cron. Is there a way to create backups of a running/live domain?
You should not mount the disks of a running domain on domain0. You can
use LVM with snapshots to do this.

> - - I'd prefer having kernel without loadable module support but need
> different support for my client kernels. Is there a way to tell during `
> `make` that I need a kernel for my vpn-system in domain1 and another
> kernel for my samba-server and so on? And can I have any type of kernel
> on my VMs, i.e. 2.6.10 for the dom0, 2.6.9 for domain1 and 2.4.10
> running domain2?
You can manualy apply the xen patch and than configure as many domU
kernels as you like. Even different versions, as long as xen supports
them.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2004 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de