Re: [Xen-devel] "general protection faults" in dom0 when loading intel-agp module

Am Mittwoch, 2. März 2005 15:02 schrieb Ian Pratt:
> > But whenever I try to load intel-agp the systems gets a
> > "general protection fault". Compiling it into the kernel results in a
> > immediate reboot as soon as the kernel arrives at the init of this code.
>
> What chipset is this?
> Does it still happen with 2.0-testing?

DELL Inspiron 8200 / P4 M / 512 MB RAM
Intel 845 (using CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y)
ATI Radeon (using CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y)
gcc 3.4.3

After installing the testing branch with a slightly configured xen Kernel,
the intel-agp code works! However, I have to take LVM out of the kernel and
even disconnect my FireWire HD from the notebook. Otherwise the kernel will
hang. But I will start a new thread with that when I have more
informations.

With -testing X loads but shows freaky artifacts. When the kernel uses
framebuffer, it isn't possible to switch between console and X. Without
framebuffer it works but X shows - how can I explain - the picture of the
last console very small in wrong colors two times on the screen and with
many colored dots in the background everywhere. Using AGPMODE=2 even lets
my screen grow white (*shocked*). The X cursor works fine but no other
wanted graphic (TWM menu) is painted. It is also possible to freeze X by
just clicking around :-(

First, thanks for getting the module loaded :-)
Second, what more informations can I provide?

Thank you,
Marcel

--
Marcel Meyer