[Xen-devel] Documentation Project

Has there been any thoughts to setting up a community oriented
documentation project. Wiki, blog or fom?

While the current documentation is reasonable, it is somewhat tense.
Much of xend and the config files seem like black magic.

I know its possible to read the python source files to figure out what
is going on.  Unfortunately this is not easy.

Also seems to me that xend should layer more with library
and application code. For instance the code to change the
interface on which console ports for domUs listen seems to be in
python/xen/xend/server/console.py:

class ConsoleController(controller.Controller):
    """Console controller for a domain.
    Does not poll for i/o itself, but relies on the notifier to post console
    output and the connected TCP sockets to post console input.
    """
def __init__(self, factory, dom, console_port):
        controller.Controller.__init__(self, factory, dom)
        self.addMethod(CMSG_CONSOLE, 0, None)
        self.status = self.STATUS_NEW
        self.addr = None
        self.conn = None
        self.rbuf = xu.buffer()
        self.wbuf = xu.buffer()
        self.console_port = console_port

self.addr I'd guess.

However its not easy to confirm this as I don't really understand
twisted, I'm not sure were to look up the syntax for "self.addr", and
there really isn't much documentation.

Nicholas