Re: [Xen-devel] Networking problems with debian packages

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 03:45:11PM +0100, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> Christian Wicke <xen.christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know what is the correct way to make this work?
>
> The xen start script network setup doesn't work very good for me as
> well.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, havn't figured yet
> why.

Debian has some useful bridge scripts:
# dpkg -S /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/bridge
bridge-utils: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/bridge

Then from /etc/network/interfaces:

# External Bridged Network.
auto br0
iface br0 inet static
        address 202.89.35.97
        netmask 255.255.255.240
        network 202.89.35.96
        broadcast 202.89.35.111
        gateway 202.89.35.110
        bridge_ports eth1
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_hello 0
        bridge_stp off

# Internal Bridged Network.
#  10.0.0.1 - stateless-int
auto uml-intbr
iface uml-intbr inet static
        address 10.0.0.1
        netmask 255.255.0.0
        network 10.0.0.0
        broadcast 10.0.255.255
        bridge_ports dummy0
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_hello 0
        bridge_stp off

Note the above is from my current UML setup. I'm replacing it with a
similar configuration for my new Xen setup.

Note, with the above you simply ignore eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces.

This gets up at: /etc/rcS.d/S39ifupdown before networking at
S40networking.

Nicholas