RE: [Xen-devel] Badness in local_bh_enable

> I suspect they a caused by some clash between bridging and running a
> openvpn/tun in a domU. I'm not certain on this though.
>
> AFAICT it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the machine.

I'll wager that you compiled some external modules for your kernel and
forgot to specify "ARCH=xen". i386 modules are sufficiently similar to
xen/i386 modules that by some miracle many seem to limp along. In this
case, the driver is probably trying to do cli/sti which are failing
silently due to the ring 1 kernel having insufficient privilege. We've
discussed virtualising iopl such that we could trap (and potentially
emulate) such occurences.

I did some analysis and I reckon that it should be posible to get the
vast majority of i386 modules to work fine. This means that i386 and
xen/i386 could share a module set.
The remaining modules could probably be slightly modified to work too
(e.g. the BusLogic drivers use inlined virt_to_bus directly).

Is this something the distros would be keen on? If so, anyone want to
help?

Ian