RE: [Xen-devel] Bridged networking broken ? (was: Xen works fine)

  • To: "Anton Titov" <a.titov@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:13:59 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:20:34 +0000

> with no packages preinstalled. My network scripts was failing
> silently
> too and as the server was in colo, the quick solution I found was to
> bring xen-br0 up manually with:
>
>   ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 promisc up

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it end of next week when I am in the
office again. Tried shutting xen-br0 down before doing the above but
then lost network and so my ssh connection - DUH! One machine offline,
9999 to go :-). Well... better luck on thursday.

Cheers
-- Jan