Re: [Xen-devel] Xen benchmarks vs ESX (vmware)

  • To: Fraser Campbell <fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Niraj Tolia <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:23:16 -0500
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:24:34 +0000

Fraser,

As far as I am aware of, the research community is forced to benchmark
against Workstation 3.x because the EULA in later versions prevents
anyone from publishing benchmarking numbers. Look at the Restrictions
section in the EULA at <http://www.vmware.com/download/ws4_eula.html>
for Workstation 4.x. I am sure its the same for ESX.

Niraj

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ntolia