RE: [Xen-devel] AGP problems with 2.0.5

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 04:55:34PM +0100, Marcel Meyer wrote:
> > I up- (from 2.0.4) and downgraded (from unstable) to 2.0.5
> since I hoped I
> > would get a working X. The kernel is the default -xen0
> 2.6.10. But as soon
> > as I start X I get the screen on the following screenshot:
> >
> > http://www.fs.tum.de/~meyerm/ALT/XonRadeon.jpg
>
> Hmm, my laptop (82855PM, Radeon Mobility 7500) just reboots if my
> old X server (XF86 4.3.99) tries to use DRM (kernel module from
> 2.6.11.x) :-(

OK, we thought this was a danger of building AGP in the default config,
but it had been in 2.0-testing for some time and we hadn't had any
reports.

Please can you say exactly which modules are being loaded and used. If
you can get a serial line on the laptop to capture an oops message that
would be really helpful.

If you know how to tweak the Xconfig to avoid using AGP/DRM as a
temporary measure that would be useful to put in the faq.

If you're having success with particular AGP or DRM modules that would
be helpful to hear about too.

Thanks,
Ian