RE: RE: [Xen-devel] AGP problems with 2.0.5

> I thought it worked before, but that was because intel-agp did not
> crash the machine; the radeon DRM module was missing ...
>
> > Please can you say exactly which modules are being loaded and used.
>
> radeonfb
> intel-agp
> drm
> radeon
>
> If I disable radeon, everything is fine.

I guess we'll just have to do a code review of radeon and look to see
whether there are any duff assumptions...

> > If
> > you can get a serial line on the laptop to capture an oops
> message that
> > would be really helpful.
>
> The laptop has no serial port :-(
> I don't see an oops; does xen reboot the machine if domain 0 oopses?

If dom0 exits, Xen will reboot.

> I could try noreboot to see whether this is the case, I guess?

That should stop the reboot, though as you're not in a text mode it
probably won't help :-(

> > If you know how to tweak the Xconfig to avoid using AGP/DRM as a
> > temporary measure that would be useful to put in the faq.
>
> mv radeon.ko radeon.ko_
> is what I used.

That's the sort of hack that I'd come up with ;-)

> > If you're having success with particular AGP or DRM modules
> that would
> > be helpful to hear about too.
>
> I will have to test on more machines.
> It seems to work on most, but I have to check whether DRM is used
> there.

-thanks.

Ian