RE: [Xen-devel] Linux 2.6.11 does not build SMP

Guys, just remember that SMP is certainly not ready for putting in front
of users yet.
We're hoping to get back to it sometime this week, but for the moment it
should be considered highly experimental. There are currently lots of
optimisations disabled too.

If someone's looking for some work to do to help SMP support, it would
be great if you could look into out-of-lining all the spinlocks, and
then writing some code to no-op them if there's only one CPU currently
active. This would elminate most of the overhead of an SMP vs uni
kernel, which would certainly be great for us (as well as for vendor
kernels).

Ian