Re: [Xen-devel] problem with PCI in Xen?

On 15 Mar 2005, at 15:39, Roee Sadeh wrote:

I have a dual-Xeon computer with PCI-X.
I'm using Xen 2.0.5 stable with kernel 2.6.10.

I'm trying to run Infiniband in domain zero. I have an Infiniband HCA, which uses PCI-X.
The HCA is a multifunction PCI device having also a PCI bridge.

Running 2.6.10 vanilla detects two PCI buses on the HCA where one of them is a PCI bridge.
lspci -vv output looks like this:

If this is a PCI/platform issue then we will soon be changing this in the unstable tree to do better probing and setup in the domain0 kernel, which will solve problems like the bridge difference between Xen kernel and native kernel.

If it's an HCA driver issue, we will be doing our own compatibility testing with Infiniband adaptors in the very near future (hopefully next couple of weeks).

So hold tight!

 -- Keir