Re: [Xen-devel] tools compiling problem

* visik7 <visitors@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-03-17 13:40]:

> I know that if would use -unstable branch I should know how to fix
> these problems but
> I just want to use -unstable 'couse I need cli/sti function :)
> so if somebody can help me I got this error compiling tools in the
> - -unstable branch
>
> # make tools
> [...]
> gcc -o xfrd xfrd.o xen_domain.o select.o connection.o libutil.a  -L
> ../../tools/libxc -lxc -L ../../tools/libxutil -lxutil -lz -L/usr/lib
> - -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz
> /usr/lib/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `tld_strerror'
> /usr/lib/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `idna_strerror'

I encountered this problem compiling on Debian testing machine that I
had recently updated.  There isn't anything Xen can do about this.  Not
sure when Debian will fix this though you might try upgrading
libidbn1-dev to the version in unstable.  The following versions in
debian do work if you can get a hold of the debs:

ii  libcurl3-dev   7.13.0-2
ii  libidn11-dev   0.5.2-3

Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx