Re: [Xen-devel] A tale of three memory allocators

On Friday 18 March 2005 14:07, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
> >Of course I mean that the hypervisor probably has to support this stuff

> >work correctly on multi-node ia64 machines.  The guests can probably
>
> get away
>
> >with being special cased since they can be presented with a contiguous
>
> memory
>
> >model (Dan is this what you're doing now?)...
>
> On Xen/ia64, domain0 is given the real EFI memory map and has capability
> to map any part of memory not owned by the Xen hypervisor.  All other
> domains are presented with contiguous memory starting at zero.

Even though the memory presented to the domU's are contiguous and start at
zero, do you think it would be advantageous to still provide some sort of
cpu<->memory topology infomation to the domU, so that domU's which span more
than one node can take advantage of the NUMA code in the Linux kernel?  I
would think eventually this is something many of the platforms would want,
no?

-Andrew Theurer