[Xen-devel] [Q] eth0 not up on dom0

Apologies if this is trivial and an FAQ. Google search
hasn't helped.

I have been unsuccessful in getting eth0 interface up in
dom0. My linux installation is FC3 and I get my address via
DHCP. I am running Linux 2.6.11-xen0. I see the following
steps recommended in the bridge-utils HOWTO page

1. Zero IP the interfaces. The bridge needs the network
   devices to be operational, but without TCP/IP running on
   them.
      # ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0

2. Create the bridge interface.
      # brctl addbr mybridge
3. Add interfaces to the bridge.
      # brctl addif mybridge eth0

[I believe steps 2 amd 3 will be done by executing
 xend start. I verified this by running 'brctl show'
 after I ran 'xend start']

4. Put up the bridge.
      # ifconfig xen-br0 up

Now that I have the bridge up, I tried running

    ifup eth0

to get an IP address.

I get the following:

  "Determining IP information for eth0...PING
   <my.dhcp.server.address> from
   <what-I-think.is-the-IP.address.I-was-assigned>: eth0"

[usual ping statistics stuff]

failed.

I suspect I am close but not there. Can someone provide the
nudge please?

Thanks,

Bharadwaj