Re: [Xen-devel] extremely slow disk access

Steven Hand wrote:
Hi list members,

Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong or where I should look next?

Looks like you're falling back to PIO mode under Xen. Have you compiled in support for your IDE chipset?
cheers,

Steven, you hit the nail on the head.

It took quite a while to recompile in its brain-damaged state but in this case the physician really did heal itself!

And, yes, Ian, the performance is now, indeed, on par with the unxenifed kernel.

I have only 1G so I will have to apportion it carefully; I'll keep your advice in mind, Nivedita.

Now the real fun starts :)

Thanks to all,
Mike Wright