Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch] final header fixes

  • To: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Christian Limpach <christian.limpach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:15:00 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:17:42 +0000

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:22:50 -0600, Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 21:24 +0000, Christian Limpach wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:03:19 -0600, Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah, sure... I was just trying to avoid extra dependency trees where
> > > possible.
> > > Apparently it is not possible here. :)
> > >
> > > So that should be #include <public/xen.h> (which includes arch-*.h which
> > > defines xen_regs). It looks like we may want to move ia64's #define to
> > > arch-ia64.h ...
> >
> > Could you please include asm/regs.h or public/xen.h wherever you want
> > to include keyhandler.h?  Thanks.
>
> That works great, until somebody other than me includes or modifies
> keyhandler.h (or any of the other headers we've been talking about).
>
> I guess I don't see the difficulty in making sure you include what you
> use...?

I think we have too many header files which include other header files
already -- to the point that a lot of .c files don't include all the
header files they need because some random header file includes it for
them.

keyhandler.c is one of the header files you probably want to include
in source code level add-on software, software which might be require
using a header set which is not compatible with Xen's header set.

     christian