Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable domU smp broken for vcpus > physical cpus

I'm fairly certain that I've had vcpus > pcpus in domU working fine as
recent as 2005-03-31, but I'll backtrack and verify.

I just built the 2005-03-31 snapshot, dom0 is SMP, two vcpus, and booted
domU with 4 vcpus with no problems.  Building 2005-04-01 in a simliar
fashion now yields an oops in domU and one error [1]output from Xen.
I then went to destroy the domU that I created and Xen went down.  And
appearently, I don't have xen-sysms set up right as nont of the
addresses are translated into function names.

The bug was actually in a changeset from late on 03-29, so it should have caused crashes as far back as the 2005-03-30 snapshot (the one taken on the morning on 03-30).

It's now fixed in the unstable repository - context switching between VCPUs of the same domain incorrectly cleared that physical CPU from the domain's bitmap.

 -- Keir