[Xen-devel] crash on starting new domain

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:38:08 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:38:12 +0000

I've just built some shiny xen 2.0.5 kernel packages for debian using
the stuff in 'experimental', and cannot seem to create a new domain. The
whole machine just reboots. I've caught the first line of a kernel oops
but haven't got physical access to the machine at the moment.

The console of the domain looks like this:

Adding 262136k swap on /dev/hda2.  Priority:-1 extents:1
EXT3-fs warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
EXT3 FS on hda1, internal journal
hwclock is unable to get I/O port access:  the iopl(3) call failed.
System time was Tue Apr  5 15:31:42 UTC 2005.
Setting the System Clock using the Hardware Clock as reference...
hwclock is unable to get I/O port access:  the iopl(3) call failed.
SysteSegmentation fault

Any ideas? It's an SMP machine if that makes any difference. The exact
same setup was working a few stable versions ago. It's just decided not
to reboot anymore so I'll have to get someone in the office to reboot it
for me.

James