[Xen-devel] Re: problems with console in domU if physdev access enabled

Maurice Meeden <tux <at> gmx.info> writes:
> I am trying to build a working domU kernel with CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS=y.
But
> if this enabled, domU fails to boot with different errors about the console.
> With kernel 2.6.10 and xen 2.0.5 this error occurs if I try to start the
Domain:
> ..
> WARNING: Failed to register Xen virtual console driver as 'tty1'
> ..
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
>  printing eip:

> With 2.0-testing (snapshot from yesterday) there is no output if I try to
start
> the domain:
> Using config file "tty.cfg".
> Started domain ttylinux, console on port 9608
> ************ REMOTE CONSOLE: CTRL-] TO QUIT ********

> Is here anybody who has xen running with physdev acces in one of the domU's?
Or
> is there anything what must make different when physdev-access is enabled?

Is there any update on this problem?
I can confirm both problems (stable and testing), also on a gentoo system.
Running the dom0 kernel and a domU kernel w/o setting CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV=y
seems to work fine.

Regards
Daniel