RE: [Xen-devel] iSCSI

> Has anyone got any experience using the new 'open-iscsi' initiator?
> (either on Xen or native) http://www.open-iscsi.org/

I'd never even heard of it, and I've looked hard for iscsi initiators...
my search skills obviously aren't what they used to be!!!

> We've been using the cisco iscsi stack
> http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.net/ for some time, but the performance
> isn't great. open-iscsi claims good performance, so it might be worth
> switching over.

I'm using the cisco stack too, remote boot is a PITA but otherwise it
runs well, and I can even do a reboot of the target (iet) and
linux-iscsi picks up the pieces quite nicely.

The unh initiator remote boots very nicely but I couldn't make it play
with iet, and it didn't cope with the target going down and coming back
up again.

I'll download and build the open-iscsi initiator now!

James