Re: [Xen-devel] xm pause causing lockup

On 14 Apr 2005, at 03:46, Kip Macy wrote:

Is there some critical section where "xm pause" might cause a lockup?
When I run FreeBSD to some point (I don't know where - the console
isn't giving output) - and then pause it, the machine locks up. I
can't even get info from xen apart from switching the switching the
serial input.

Does dom0 wedge completely (e.g., unpingable) or might it just be xend that goes awol? The pause code isn't that complicated, and most of it is used in various not uncommon situations, so I'll be surprised if this is the hypervisor's fault.

 -- Keir