Re: [Xen-devel] Unstableness in grant table block drivers

* Christopher Clark <christopher.w.clark@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-04-13 21:04]:
Hi,

> The machines you can't get to start domUs, and symptom of not finding
> the root filesystem is exactly what you'd see if your dom0 and domU
> configs don't match; either both or neither need to be using grant
> tables for transport. Your other issues will need more investigation,

I build xen-unstable nightly and install it completely to my test box.
My configs between dom0 and domU are always identicle except for
priviledged domain.

> and a reproducable scenario would be extremely helpful indeed.

My scenario is building the default configs either as UP or with adding
in CONFIG_SMP.  The resule is always, dom0 will boot, domU will not.
domU fails with not finding /dev/console and no root device.

I use loopback device mounts exported as /dev/sda1.

As soon as I turn off CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_GRANT in dom0/U configs,
the domU boots properly.

I build with debug=y and I can generate any sort of dump or information
you need to track this down.  Let me know what you need.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx