Re: [Xen-devel] Xen bugzilla

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 09:06 -0700, Nivedita Singhvi wrote:
> James Bulpin wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > As requested we now have a bugzilla bug tracker for the Xen project. It
> > is available at http://bugzilla.xensource.com/
> >
> > Registration is required to submit and modify bug reports. We hope to
> > support anonymous reports in the near future.
> >
> > Please let me know of any problems or suggestions, extra components,
> > categories, etc. desired.
>
> Excellent job, guys, much thanks! I logged in and could create an
> account in under a 30 seconds, email exchange and all.
>
> Just a few trivial questions:
>
> 1. The Component field has the following:
First, many THANKS for doing this!!!!
I do agree that the components probably need some work, but I'm sure
exactly which components to have will become more clear going forward.

> 2. The Version field has 2.0, unstable, unspecified.
>     Do you want -testing as a separate category or in the 2.0
>     bucket? Are you going to add the individual releases
>     2.0.4, 2.0.5, etc? The finer granularity in the Version
>     field does make it easier to search - especially once
>     you have a long history :).
That makes a lot of sense to me.  Is it going to get confusing as
unstable feeds into testing, and testing into stable, which unstable
we're talking about when submitting a bug against unstable?  Just a
thought.

--
Thanks,
Paul Larson