Re: [Xen-devel] what's maximum speed setting for xen network?

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Keir Fraser wrote:

We also dynamically size the receive ring. It starts off small (8 buffers) and is doubled in size every time packets may have been lost. It then slowly (linearly) shrinks when loss is not detected. The parameters for this are RX_MIN_TARGET and RX_MAX_TARGET in netfront.c -- currently they are not configurable at run-time, nor easily configurable at compile-time.

If I just set RX_MIN_TARGET to NETIF_RX_RING_SIZE, and recompile, would that be enough to eliminate the adaptation (i.e. the ring size would always be 256)?

Thanks,
mukesh