Re: [Xen-devel] compute performace problem

" Do you get predictable performance running in domain0?

d'oh I thought of it, and then forgot.  Trying it now, 2.0-testing
dom-0 does give consistent run times.

Today I also get consistent times with xen-unstable.  Turns out
unstable dom-0 needs more memory than the 2.0 system, so my default
setup was swapping when I tried unstable on Friday.  If I give the unstable
dom-0 more memory, xen0 and xenU do run the app with consistent times.
And, if I run the tests in xen0 and xenU simulataneously, cpu time is shared
evenly on unstable and on 2.0.  Thats all good.

So the only domains showing the 4x deviation in run time are the 2.0 xenU
domains.  I'll have to discuss with the users if we want to upgrade or
investigate 2.0 further.  Upgrading Xen is a pretty disruptive task so
close to the end of the term, so I may end up figuring out whats going
on in 2.0 anyway.