Re: [Xen-devel] glibc patch for TLS?

  • From: Michael Long <nikarul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:47:30 -0500
  • Cc: Nils Toedtmann <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:47:15 +0000

Nope, that's what I forgot.  I recompiled the patched glibc with that
flag and everything seems to be working fine.  I can post the ebuild
if people are interested.  It's pretty straightforward, just adding
the patch and making for the CFLAGS get set properly.

I'm now compiling all my packages with -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs.  Is
this necessary/recommended?  I know some ebuild strip out CFLAGS it's
unsure of, so if it's necessary other packages may need to be
modified.