Re: [Xen-devel] xen+drbd (partial?) success story

Badness in blk_plug_device at drivers/block/ll_rw_blk.c:1217
[<c02270d0>] blk_plug_device+0x80/0x90
[<c7101a27>] drbd_make_request_common+0x727/0x8f0 [drbd]

Did you compile the drbd module with ARCH=xen?
That's it  ! Thanks a lot.

I had compiled with Debian's module-assistant and dumbly assumed that it would reuse the correct ARCH setting from the specified source tree. I was wrong, andre-building the module package the correct flags (MAKEFLAGS="ARCH=xen") gave me a different module, which worked perfectly, without those messages.

By the way, performance of drbd-backed root device in a domU seems now equal to performance of raw access in dom0. Great !