Re: [Xen-devel] Preview of Next Generation VM-Tools

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

hi Anthony,

Hi Jacob,

there seems to be a race in the creation of new domains, if I run the commands from the README in a script, xenctld prints:

xenctld: New domain-0
xenctld: Binding to port 0:0
xenctld: Got message destined 1:0:1
xenctld: Received msg for unknown domain-1
xenctld: New domain-1
xenctld: evtchn_bind_interdomain(32752,1,0,1) failed: Invalid argument
xenctld: Failed opening event channel

Whereas If I put a 'sleep 1' between each of the lines in the script, the domain starts up and connects the conosole without problems.

I noticed that myself. Xencltd uses a timeout to update it's information about domains. What it needs to do is make sure that any entry into xenctld causes the information to be updated.

That's for pointing it out.  It'll be fixed for the next release.

Regards,

Jacob\\