RE: [Xen-devel] separate domain info and vcpu context

  • To: "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:41:01 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 06:40:40 +0000

> Might it make sense to to add a separate hypercall for
> getting a vcpu's context?  It would be cleaner from my
> standpoint to have exec_domain be an OUT variable that
> indicates the number of vcpus in use. It seems a bit odd
> getting generic info for a domain and then specific context
> for one of the vcpus.

I guess it might make sense to split the hypercall in two, as there are
several cases where we we don't ask for the VCPU info.

I would like both calls to return the number of VCPUs in use, but we
still want the 'give me VCPU x or the next active one if it doesn't
exist' enumeration scheme since VCPUs can potentially be sparse. Go for
it!

Cheers,
Ian