Re: [Xen-devel] changeset 1.1403 breaks previous xm behaviour

>With the move to unix sockets from http, xm no longer works if you're
>not running it as root. This is perfectly reasonable, but I just
>wasted 45 minutes trying to figure out why it didn't work. I kept on
>assuming it was a versioning with my libraries.
>
>Did I miss an announcement on the list?

No, there was no specific announcement about this incompatability;
however there were a bunch of discussions in the past about the move
and the increased security features. Cset 1.1403 includes this enhancement
along with a whole bunch more work Mike has been doing over the past while
(which, among other things, removes the dependence on twisted).

Note that as we move towards 3.0 there are likely to be situations
in which xen-unstable is just that: it may not compile, it may not
support previous platforms or maintain precise semantics. We aim to
minimize these situations but we are trying hard to move to a point
where we support all the functionality slated for 3.0. It is tougher
to keep up with unstable so if it's not required for your particular
application you may find using 2.0.5 or 2.0-testing easier.

If you require http access to xend, you can still enable this by
adding (xend-http-server yes) in /var/xen/xend-config.sxp

cheers,

S.