Re: [Xen-devel] etherboot & multiboot

On 16 May 2005, at 07:33, James Harper wrote:

memdisk works by creating a ramdisk in 'high memory', with a tiny low
memory driver which hooks into int13h to simulate a harddisk. My best
guess is that either grub or xen is treading on that space either in low
memory, killing the driver, or in high memory, corrupting the image.

I have tried syslinux 2.11 and 3.07.

Any suggestions? Any flags I could pass to xen to get it to be a bit
more careful?

The hook will disappear pretty much immediately Xen boots, but Xen doesn't use any bios services so that shouldn't be a problem. It sounds quite likely that the int13h hook is conflicting with the grub bootloader for a piece of low memory.

 -- Keir