Re: [Xen-devel] linux/arch/xen/i386 or linux/arch/i386/xen

Vincent Hanquez wrote:

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:47:48AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
* Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) (dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx) wrote:
Um, one other minor semantic issue.  The semantics of
using mach-xxx may be inappropriate.  If my understanding
is correct, two mach-xxx's cannot both be built, e.g. one
cannot build a kernel which supports (for i386) both
mach-es7000 and mach-voyager.
Yes, I had thought about this.  It's not clear to me it's problematic yet.

I guess it could be, as if I understood correctly Keir's later post, we
would like to run on other subarch.

I see, you would like domain zero to support other subarchs?

I guarantee you it is not going to be voyager! There should be no issue for user domains, but could domain zero could potentially need to know things about the hardware subarch, say for some large NUMA systems?

Zach