Re: [Xen-devel] xen unstable crashes ...

On 19 May 2005, at 18:07, Gerd Knorr wrote:

STACK_SIZE is 2 pages (because STACK_ORDER is 1). So it's not such a
simple bug. :-(

Ok, two pages.  That makes the upper limit ff105000, whereas the
stack ptr was ff105<something>.  Still outside the stack frame ;)

Stupid me. And I see the bug. The macros in asm/current.h depend on a STACK_ORDER-aligned stack, or bad things happen. 0x103000 is not an even page boundary. x86/64 has the same problem. It all just works for non-boot cpus because the page allocator guarantees sufficient alignment.

I'll check in a fix, and add a bold comment.... thanks!

 -- Keir