Re: [Xen-devel] Control tools work

I am interested in your code. I don't know if you will be posting the source
to the list, but if you decide not to could you at least send it to me? I am
currently working on trusted boot (ie TPM support, measuring new domains
etc., we were also considering moving the domain builder out of domain0, to a
separate domain maybe, I am not quite certain how your builder works, but it
looks to be quite a reasonable approach).

Cheers
Gregor

> Charles Coffing wrote:
> > 2.  Making the tools/libraries agnostic w.r.t. the guest OS type.
>
> I recently created a small Xen guest that is able to build a guest OS
> from a ramdisk containing a stage2 loader and a kernel image. My goal is
> to have it load from a block device or the network as well as from the
> ram disk. Starting my guest instead of vmlinuz directly would allow
> unification of domain builders from the dom0 perspective, and would
> prevent ELF-parsing attacks on dom0. The same guest would be used for
> reviving checkpoints, so there would not need to be a special linux_load
> (linux_save can be handled using self-checkpointing to a raw device btw).
>
> If there is interest I can post the source.
>
> Jacob

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur --- Anon