Re: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] wget and Zope crashes on post-2.0.6 -testing

Hi Ian,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:19:35PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:

> > I observed that the first userspace process that uses the FPU
> > will SIGFPE once. Afterwards everything runs just fine ...
> >
> > You description looks like it matches exactly the
> > misbehaviour I've been seeing.
>
> Got any more critical bugs you're not telling us about? :-)

I wanted to hunt that one down myself ... obviously overestimating
the amount of time and expertise I can devote to it :(

OK, you want another one:
Well, xenified SLES9 oopses on balloooning :-)
But I hope that Christian, Kip, /me will track this one
down soon.

> > Is attached patch the right way to fix this?
>
> I think that should work (with the obvious kernel_ prefix), but I've
> appeneded what we've gone for.

Not having a CPU manual close to my desk: What do we achieve by setting
bit 3 (TS) in CR0? Why does it help to get the FPU back to a sane state?

Regards,
--
Kurt Garloff, Director SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.