Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0 Xend loses network - eth0 -> veth0? (fwd)

Am Freitag, den 10.06.2005, 08:12 +0100 schrieb Keir Fraser:
> On 10 Jun 2005, at 08:01, Birger Tödtmann wrote:
>
> >> No one else got this problem with Xen Unstable anyway?
> >
> > My experience is that the network is broken after starting xend.
> > However, there is a simple repair mechanism: down eth0, unload the hw
> > module (3c59x in my case), load it again, and configure eth0 anew.
> > Networking is then doing fine.
>
> Does domU networking work after doing this?

I never had problems w/ networking between domUs (besides the already
described kernel crashes when sending too many multicasts/broadcasts on
a bridge with 8+ domU interfaces attached), but "physical" networking
seems to be broken for dom0 when starting xend.  veth0 then has the MAC
address of my NIC and eth0 got the MAC address FF:FF:FF....  It does not
work unless I reload my NIC hw module.

Regards,
--
Birger Tödtmann
Technik der Rechnernetze, Institut für Experimentelle Mathematik