Re: [Xen-devel] Xen and ReiserFS

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:14:52 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:14:06 +0000

OK. Mea culpa. I found out the problem was I had 'acpi=off' as a kernel
parameters in my grub entry for Xen, due to an earlier problem where it
was suggested to try it. Thanks for the responses.

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 08:04 -0500, David F Barrera wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 16:18 -0500, Andrew Theurer wrote:

> > > Yes. They are identical machines.
> >
> > Have you tried ext3 on the system which shows problems with reiserfs?
> > If these are hot swap disks, can you swap the disks witht he two
> > systems ans see what happens?  It really looks like the "broken" one
> > has a scsi HW related issue.
> I read what you are saying, but the machine works fine with the distro
> kernel. So, I don't believe it is a HW related issue.
> >
> > -Andrew

Regards,

David F Barrera
Linux Technology Center
Systems and Technology Group, IBM

"The wisest men follow their own direction. "
                                                        Euripides