[Xen-devel] xen in vmware 4.5?

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Tim Newsham <newsham@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:34:10 -1000 (HST)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:33:17 +0000

This is a strange question on a xen list I know, but I'm seeing
vmware 4.5 panic when it tries to boot xen.  Strangely enough
it doesnt panic when the kernel is coming up but rather when
running through the initd scripts.  Apparently the same system
runs properly in vmware5.  Is anyone familiar with this problem?
Does anyone know a workaround for 4.5?  I know this isn't really
xen's fault, but was wondering if anyone here knew what the issue
was.

(I need a devel box for xen-unstable, since I need stability on my
real xen box.  I only have a license for vmware 4.5 and not vmware5).

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/