Re: [Xen-devel] VMX device models not getting created anymore?

Mike Wray wrote:

I sent a patch: vmx-device-models-py.patch to the list to do just this, but the event channel numbers seem to be off by one for some reason (please see comments inside the patch).

OK, I see the patch. What makes you think the event channel port
numbers are off? Is it possible that it should be using port2 instead
of port1?

If I print self.device_channel.port1 and compare it to the output of

# xm list --long

It's off by one and device models don't get any events from the VMX domain.

When I add the -1, things work ok i.e. device models do receive events from the VMX domain.

port1 = dom0 end of the event channel. That's what the device models listen to. port2 = hypervisor/vmx domain end of the event channel.

        -Arun