Re: [Xen-devel] sHype changeset causes error in domU creation

Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 06/22/2005 01:09:09 PM:

> Having ssidref as a required parameter to domain_create is an ugly
> nuisance for the 99.9% of people who don't care a jot about it.

You don't have to set up an ssid if you don't run a policy. Using
the NULL policy, shype should not introduce any change in system
behavior.

The problem at hand is that the defined default id is the largest u32
number and with the (new?) Python version this seems not to work the
way it does with older ones.

> I think
> a separate one-time-only hypercall to set the ssidref on a newly
> created domain would be neater?

I consider this not an option because the ssidref is used for determining
about domain creation.

>Or at least, surely the sane default
> value for an integer ssidref is zero, not fffffffff?

This is a very good idea. We must either fix the problem with setting
an unsigned number 0xffffffff as default or we change the default
number to one that Python can work with.