Re: [Xen-devel] Re: x86_64 SMP support (status update)

On 27 Jun 2005, at 23:15, Nakajima, Jun wrote:

The nptl01 runs fine on dom0 as long as it
runs _alone_. It starts failing with presence of domUs. I feel this
implies some problems with GDT switching. Is there any race you think of
where modifications to GDT (done by do_update_descriptor) are not be
visible or deferred?

If you change GDT page mappings (by switching %cr3) but don't change GDT linear address or size, I don't know whether we must execute a LGDT instruction or not. Currently we don't.

So you might want to try replacing the following test in __context_switch():
   if ( p->vcpu_id != n->vcpu_id )
With:
   if ( 1 )
And see if that fixes things...

Even if not, it'd be interesting to find out whether LGDT is potentially required in the situation described in my first sentence.

 -- Keir