[Xen-devel] Re: Brief TLS/PAE/xenbus/AGP/Debian/VCS questions

,----[ From: Adam Heath <doogie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ]
`----

> I made public some packages that I created (for 2.0.6), and have
> been getting feedback on them, especially on things such as how the
> packages are broken down (slightly differently from the original),
> how stable are the modules, how to best deal with the /lib/tls issue
> (if you get answers to your most recent questions about it, that
> would help, too) and what's the appropriate behaviour in an
> "upgrade" on a machine that has running domUs.

Yeah, I saw them, but didn't try them yet. My main concern however is
not about getting 2.0.6 Debian packages for myself, but to get them in
the Debian repository.

> My intention was to create a set of unstable packages if the stable
> packages seemed useful (but that certainly won't be this week) and
> also post (probably to xen-users) again to try to see who else is
> still working on this.

I would love to see a set of regularily updated unstable packages -
they wouldn't need to be as fancy and fine-grained as the stable
Debian packages, but rather something that would have less of a chance
of requiring changes when the unstable tree gets new features.

> Also (if you haven't seen it) this page has some comments on the
> patches/glibc/tls issue a link to a package that somebody built:
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/DebianSarge

Oh, thanks! Hadn't even noticed that we had a Wiki yet, let alone one
that contained something useful ;-)

-- Naked