Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable-src tarball

  • To: Nils Toedtmann <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:09:42 +0900
  • Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:08:54 +0000

On 7/1/05, Nils Toedtmann <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 01.07.2005, 13:10 +0100 schrieb Ian Pratt:
> >  > <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/xen-
> > > unstable-src.tgz>
> > >
> > > from today has 85MB because it containes complete & unclean
> > > kernel trees ;-)
> >
> > Oops, and I really thought I'd got it right this time :-)
> >
> > I'll try again...
> >
> > NB: I'm also about to change the name of the install tar ball such that
> > it contains an architecture prefix. Only people who pull it from scripts
> > will likely notice.
>
> If you're changing names, i'd vote for a bit more consistence. I have
> managed to make a rpm specfile which builds stable, testing and
> unstable, but that was a weird hack because of this:
>
> branch          stable          testing         unstable
> tarball         2.0.6           2.0-testing     unstable
> tarball dir     2.0             2.0-testing     unstable
> xm dmesg        2.0.6 (?)       2.0             3.0-devel
> xen image       2.0.6           2.0-testing     3.0-devel
> syms file       xen-syms-$VER   xen-$VER-syms   xen-$VER-syms
>
> That makes scripting hard. And what about a date string in the
> testing/unstable snapshot's names/versions?
>
> Btw: "xm dmesg" shows
>
>   Latest ChangeSet: information unavailable

This is not a bug, if you are running stable version. The tree of
stable is not BK repo itself, so there is no changeset notation.

But if you use bk to pull the unstable or testing version to your
machine, then compile it, the "Last ChangeSet" will be shown (of
course your machine must install bk)

If you are using the code got from Mercurial repo, you must make sure
to install "hg" tool on your machine to have those "Latest ChangeSet"
;-)

regards,
aq